Jobs for NSW is a private-sector led, NSW government backed organisation whose priority is to create 1 million new jobs by 2036. The Jobs for NSW Annual Report shows how we are driving future job creation in NSW.
As a new organisation the 2015-16 financial year focused on establishing the groundwork to meet the long-term mission of enabling jobs creation now and in the future. Jobs for NSW worked on four significant areas:
- Established the four-year $190 million Jobs for NSW Fund
- Completed our groundbreaking ‘Jobs for the Future’ research
- Managed legacy programs
- Supported regional NSW
In 2015/16, Jobs for NSW managed 95 projects, including projects funded under four Department of Industry programs. The Fund provided:
- $13.9 million to 76 projects, with other projects having milestone payments scheduled in future years.
- $4.4 million to projects in rural and regional NSW. This represents 32% of total funding, meeting Jobs for NSW’s commitment to allocate 30% of the Fund to rural and regional areas.
- $9.5 million was spent on projects in metropolitan NSW, representing 68% of total expenditure.
- As at 30 June 2016, Jobs for NSW carried forward commitments of $34 million to fund 58 projects transferred from Regional Industries Investment Fund (RIIF) and State Investment Attraction Scheme (SIAS), for the term of the contracts.
Download the Jobs for NSW Annual Report.