Minimum Viable Product grants
What is a Minimum Viable Product grant?
Minimum Viable Product (MVP) grants are designed to support promising startups with the funds needed to progress from a proof of concept stage to a minimum viable product.
The grants are aimed at startups that are yet to generate revenue to help them engage with a potential business customer, or channel to market, and create innovative solutions that address compelling industry needs or market gaps.
What funding is available?
An MVP grant is a matched funding grant up to 50% of approved project costs, to a maximum of $25,000.
Successful grant applicants will receive 35% of the funding up-front and 65% after completion and validation of the MVP.
Who is eligible?
MVP grants are available across all industry sectors to startups who are primarily focused on the development of a scalable technology solution.
To be eligible for an MVP grant, a startup must:
- Have a completed proof of concept (e.g. prototype completed)
- Have an ABN registered in NSW and be based in NSW
- Be at pre-revenue stage
- Hold IP or the rights to commercialise
- Have a potential business customer or business channel to market
- Have a scalable solution that can be deployed to multiple customers
- Demonstrate that 80% of development costs will occur in NSW
- Demonstrate adequate matched funding has been secured for the project
How do I apply?
MVP grant applications are available online and are open all year round.
You must meet the eligibility requirements listed above in order to apply.
What happens after I apply?
Jobs for NSW endeavours to complete each assessment within eight (8) weeks of submission, subject to the volume of applications.
Please note, this is a competitive process and all applications are assessed against the criteria outlined in our MVP grant guidelines. All submissions are subject to a panel review process.
Need to talk?
Email us at email@example.com OR call us on 1300 JOB NSW (1300 562 679)