Media release: Startups in focus during CeBIT Australia
Media release | 15 May 2017
NSW Government-backed Jobs for NSW has thrown its support behind some of the State’s most promising startup companies with the launch of a week long program of free events coinciding with Australia’s largest business technology event, CeBIT Australia 2017.
Jobs for NSW CEO Karen Borg said the Jobs for NSW Startup Exchange focuses on the key role startups play in the economy and includes a range of exhibits, awards, presentations, networking events and conversations.
“The NSW Government is the Official Partner for CeBIT Australia - in Sydney from 23-25 May - and these Jobs for NSW events will be a positive addition to CeBIT’s extensive program.
“NSW is Australia’s startup capital, home to 41 per cent of the nation’s startup founders and 42 per cent of its startup support network, and this will be a great opportunity to shine a light on the increasing role startups are playing in all our lives.
“As well as focusing on future investment and job opportunities, it will also be a chance to celebrate the more than 150 startups that Jobs for NSW has already helped grow with assistance from the NSW Government’s $190 million Jobs for NSW fund,” Ms Borg said
Activities during the week will include:
- TEDx Haymarket and Jobs for NSW will host an evening of insight and debate on Tuesday 23 May from 6pm-9pm on how collaboration between government, business, education and community leaders can prepare for the future of skilled work.
- At the Startup Conference at CeBIT on Thursday 25 May at 10.55am, Jobs for NSW CEO Karen Borg will join SBS finance editor Ricardo Goncalves and a panel of Australian entrepreneurs as they explore government’s changing role within the startup ecosystem.
- Jobs for NSW will showcase 12 of the state’s most exciting startups in The Startup Zone at CeBIT. These include waterless car washes, augmented reality technology, and a regional company that is making scientific experiments in space easier while educating our next generation of STEM students.
- Technology companies will share their success stories during a networking event at CeBIT on 24 May at 5pm.
- Jobs for NSW will also be the Presenting Partner at the 2017 ‘Finnie Awards’, Fintech Australia’s annual awards for Australia’s best fintech companies on 24 May.
For further information and for registration details visit www.jobsfornsw.com.au
Follow us on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn: @JobsforNSW
Download media release