The Sydney Startup Hub
The Hub is the first of its kind in Australia and will be unmatched in the southern hemisphere in terms of its size and density.
The Sydney Startup Hub (the Hub) is the first of its kind in Australia and will be unmatched in the southern hemisphere in terms of its size and density.
Set to open in late 2017, the Sydney Startup Hub is a bold, ambitious move by government to support innovation, strengthen the startup community and grow new sustainable high-value jobs in NSW.
About the Sydney Startup Hub
Located at 11-31 York Street in Sydney’s CBD, the Hub will bring together leading incubators accelerators in a high-density startup cluster. With more than 17,000sqm of space it will accommodate 2,500 people over 11 floors.
We have three main objectives for the Sydney Startup Hub:
- create jobs
- increase the diversity of the NSW startup community, with more startups from regional NSW and non-ICT industries
- grow the size and strength of the Sydney ecosystem.
The Hub will connect the entire NSW startup community and enable entrepreneurs to more easily tap into skills, ideas, networks and investment.
A community and event space will be the Hub’s central point. With a program to be designed in collaboration with the Hub’s residents and wider startup ecosystem, it will host a range of industry-related events.
Supporting regional entrepreneurs is a priority for Jobs for NSW and we recognise they are essential to the growth of their local communities. The Hub will feature a regional landing pad, with infrastructure to enable regional organisations to connect with the wider startup ecosystem and be part of the Hub (either remotely or physically). Space and facilities for regional entrepreneurs needing to visit the Hub for business, events or investment discussions will also be available.
Read more about the Hub
- Visit the Sydney Startup Hub website sydneystartuphub.com
- Read the media release - Sydney to cement its place as a global startup leader
- Read the media release - Sydney Startup Hub gives regional NSW a place to land and launch
- Read the Sydney Startup Hub fact sheet
- Read the Sydney Startup Hub FAQs
Questions? Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org